Friday 27 November 2015

Christmas lights and sparkly sights

Before the weekend hits full swing, I thought I'd quickly fill you in on the past couple of days. This weekend is promising to be a busy one, and I'm not sure when I will be sat still long enough to talk to you all again before we enter next week!

Last night, the Bedford Christmas lights were turned on, with the support of an excellent fireworks display. Oohs and aahhs heard all over the place, the kids and adults alike seemed to be having a wonderful time. We took root outside the Embankment Hotel (after possibly, just maybe, popping in for a drink beforehand) to enjoy the festivities, before taking a stroll around the town, hot chocolates in hand, to enjoy the now-Christmassy atmosphere. My friend, my new work mate who is also new to Bedford, came along too so we showed her around the town, pointing out our favourite places to go.

We made a couple of stops along the way. I'd spoken often (and highly) of The Flute to Natasha, so we stopped off for a glass of prosecco. It's my favourite place to go when I'm craving bubbles, so I recommend you try and stop by over Christmas. It's a gorgeous little nook tucked away, definitely well worth a visit. Check them out on Facebook to see opening times and events.

Next we went slightly further out of town to The Three Cups. Anyone that reads my posts will already have heard about the Cups, I do like to pop in there! It's a great pub, it always has a buzzing atmosphere and the staff are lovely.

Today I was meant to be London-bound to see a show but, alas, it wasn't meant to be. Plans are being rearranged so hopefully I'll have a story worthy of your time soon! However, my day did start well, as I received my new, beautiful angel wings earrings thanks to the gorgeous Bel of B Jewellery. I'm a girl that loves all things sparkly, so jewellery will always be an acceptable addition to any day! They've been in my ears ever since and they won't be leaving any time soon!
I'm now off to join that lovely lady for dinner, so I'll be getting the drinks in by way of thanks! Don't forget, if you are free and in the area, I'll be manning her ship at the Market Harborough Christmas Fair tomorrow from 10am until 4pm. Please come and say hi if you are around! And perhaps, if you're feeling generous of spirit, bring something hot to drink, it gets bloody cold in that marquee! Have a lovely weekend all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment